Tripleplay is looking to recruit a Technical Support Engineer to join our team. The Technical Support Engineer will provide exceptional support for Uniguest and Tripleplay customers via site visits, telephone and/or electronic means. The Technical Support Engineer evaluates the support of break/fix customer issues including escalations of cases, an understanding of resolution skills, customer satisfaction, and process.
Technical Support Engineer – Key Responsibilities and Tasks
As Technical Support Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Providing technical support for customers by troubleshooting a variety of desktop computer issues including connectivity, systems functionality, and proprietary software functionality remotely and onsite.
- Managing internal cross-functional and external support relationships, author support processes, build support documentation, create great customer experiences, set the standard for ‘great’ and handle the most difficult and highest priority customer issues.
- Uncovering emerging threats and preventing impact to the fleet, influencing the Fleet Operations Centre, and navigating product improvements with the development team.
- Completing assigned projects including account organisation, documentation, and process improvements.
- Adapting processes and goals to align with company goals and drive improvements.
- Quarterbacking complex, longstanding or high priority issues and projects, implementing consistent and durable solutions. Escalating appropriately to other technical resources, management, or upper leadership.
- Attaining and applying knowledge in the development of department and resolution of issues impacting customers and device fleet. Building team knowledge through documentation, training classes and on-the-spot coaching.
- Thoroughly documenting all cases in Uniguest ticketing system. Creating and updating customer and equipment information in CRM database.
- Helping customers resolve connection issues by working with their IT Department, ISP, or other stakeholders.
Technical Support Engineer – Key Skills
To be considered for this superb opportunity, you must have knowledge of the following gained through your studies, commercial experience or similar:
- Candidates pursuing degree in IT field, A+, Network+, and Lenovo certified are preferred.
- Experience with troubleshooting with software and hardware, including but not limited to PC’s, printers, scanners, tablets, handhelds, and peripherals.
- Unix and/or Linux experience including basic shell scripting, editing config files, XML
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Proficiency with all Unix and/or Linux, Windows OS and all Office Suite, OSx, iOS, Android and other software.
- Ability to detect, report, and address emerging trends in customer impacting situations.
- Hardware proficiency: Servers, PC, Apple, printers, keypads, tablets, AiO, desktops, laptops, mini, other.
- Tools proficiency: CRM, ticket tracking, management portals, remote access, MS Office, SharePoint and others.