Key Responsibilities and Tasks
The Software Developer – PHP will be responsible for:
- Analyse user requirements, produce specifications and documentation for new features.
- Write and test code, refining and rewriting it as necessary and communicate with any engineers involved in the project.
- Follow the full software development cycle.
- Develop existing programs by analysing and identifying areas for modifications.
- Investigate new technologies.
- Share responsibility in collaborating with other teams to define and deliver high quality solutions.
- Gain and develop an in-depth understanding of how to integrate API implementation with different types of supported devices.
To be considered for this superb opportunity, you must have knowledge of the following gained through your studies, commercial experience or similar:
- BSc degree in Computer Science or similar.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a similar role.
- Good understanding of Object-Oriented Design including Design Patterns.
- Modern programming techniques such as code reviews, unit testing and CI/CD.
- Building and integrating APIs such as SOAP, XML-RPC, JSON-RPC or REST.
- SQL databases, preferably MySQL.
- Knowledge of Linux distributions, ideally RedHat based.
- Proficiency in Software Development Processes and tools including git, Jira.
- Excellent communication skills both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate good attention to detail.
- Confident and professional with the ability to operate in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to multitask and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.