Tripleplay is looking to recruit a Platform Software Engineer to join our team. The Platform Software Engineer will work to build and maintain a strong foundation for our Linux-based software product suite. To help us advance the introduction of modern practices such as unit testing, code analysis, and CI/CD so we can build the best software together.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
The Platform Software Engineer will be responsible for:
- Analyse user requirements, produce specifications and documentation for new features.
- Write and test code, refining and rewriting it as necessary and communicate with any engineers involved in the project.
- Follow the full software development cycle.
- Develop existing programs by analysing and identifying areas for modification.
- Investigate new technologies.
- Share responsibility in collaborating with other teams to define and deliver high quality solutions.
To be considered for this superb opportunity, you must have knowledge of the following gained through your studies, commercial experience or similar:
- BSc degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years of experience working in a similar role.
- Demonstratable experience with a systems programming language (e.g. C, C++, or Rust)
- Good experience using Linux based systems either sysadmin or day to day desktop usage.
- Strong understanding of either computer networking fundamentals (e.g. protocols, routing, APIs) or broadcast television / video encoding tools and technologies.
- Excellent communication skills both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate good attention to detail.
- Confident and professional with the ability to operate in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to multitask and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.