The Assistant Financial Controller will be responsible for supporting the Financial Controller in being responsible for providing effective management of the day-to-day operation of the Tripleplay finance team.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
As Assistant Financial Controller you will be responsible for:
- Staff management within the finance team including carrying out monthly 1-2-1’s, annual performance reviews and performance plans.
- Identifying and carrying out training of the finance team in line with their objectives.
- Providing cover in the absence of the Group Financial Controller.
- Assisting and resolving complex transactional issues.
- Reviewing and approving global payrolls.
- Reviewing the weekly ledger with team owner.
- Reviewing the monthly BS reviews with the accounts team.
- Owning of the month end close process.
- Reviewing and submitting of management accounts pack to Group Financial Controller.
- Reviewing and approving global payments.
- Continually improving processes and policies.
- Engaging in company IT project implementations.
- Partnering with other departments on linked processes.
To be considered for this superb opportunity, you must have knowledge of the following gained through your studies, commercial experience or similar:
- 4+ years of progressive finance experience.
- Experience of working in a multi-currency, multi-country organisation.
- Experience within a corporate environment.
- Proven experience of managing within a finance team.
- Sage 50/200 experience and understanding of recognised accounting systems.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel and be able to demonstrate experience in the production of complex spreadsheets and financial reports.
- Excellent communication skills internally and externally.
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrate good attention to detail, good judgement showing logical decision making and a hands-on approach.
- Ability to multitask and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.